Wednesday, January 24, 2018

Less Than Two Weeks Left!


The exchange is almost over. Dannggggggggggggggg!

I feel like when it comes to starting and ending an exchange, emotions tend to contradict. On one hand, I am incredibly excited to see my mom/family/friends and go to American school again. No more 9 hour school days and getting home at eight everyday! Plus I`ll be able to choose what I eat for breakfast and lunch and make healthy choices. And English. I`m so pumped to be able to understand 100 percent of what is said to me.

But on the other hand, I`m leaving behind an entire life here. Everything I`ve done here will start to feel like a dream. It already feels unreal and I haven`t even left yet. I will no longer be able to casually meet the Japanese friends that I love. No more Japanese kindness, or being in awe of how much I love Japanese girls` personalities. No more using casual Japanese, even when it`s sometimes much shorter than the English phrase. When I get back to America, I probably won`t have as much freedom as I did in Japan (depending on my mom, of course ;) ) And Japanese food. I can guarantee I`ll crave it, SUPER hard.

So there`s a ton of emotional difficulty that comes with the end of an exchange. Feels so surreal.

As for the technical/physical aspects, I spent a whole day cleaning my room and packing boxes to send back home. And I`m still nowhere close to ending. Why did I let my room get so dirty!? I`m also starting on some work for my American classes since I`ve missed the first 3 weeks or so of the semester. The schedule I want to do when I get back makes it really clear I like languages/foreign places. Two English classes, International Relations, World Religions, online Japanese and Arabic, and a Japanese Teacher Assistant. Ahah!

Cheers,
Camilla Pernell


1 comment:

Leave any questions, comments, etc. and I'll respond asap!