Sunday, September 24, 2017

Elementary School Sports Festival!

Today I went to my little host brother's sports festival :)

All elementary schools tend to have the sports festival on the same day, so my instagram was filled with pics and videos of these adorable little kids.

During sports festivals, the school is split into teams. My high school was split into 5 teams, but my brother's school only had two teams. Teams then compete in races and games split up by grade and gender, and whoever gains the most wins wins the overall sports category. Teams are also graded on their cheers, and the team with the best cheers wins the cheer category.

It's absolutely adorable watching little 1st graders racing for their lives over ~40 or so meters. I would say that races are the most entertaining things to watch. However, the games like Rope Pulling made me laugh.

Along with games and races, each grade will do a dance/performance. Sixth graders get to do the coolest performance (I may be a bit biased because my brother is a sixth grader ;) ). They made human periods and tested their balance by going into bridges, etc.






During lunch, parents meet up with their kids and everyone eats from giant bentou boxes. It was delicious, as usual :)

In the end, my brother's team lost the sports category but won the cheer category. Yay!

It was interesting to compare his sports festival to mine, because although the concept is the same, the difference between high school and elementary school is a VERY wide one. Sooner or later I'll make a blog post about my sports festival. I had mine a long time ago, so it'll be a really delayed blog post. I've been procrastinating it because I know it'll be a long one ahaha. I promise I'll write it sooner rather than later!

Here's to a good week!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave any questions, comments, etc. and I'll respond asap!