Friday, September 15, 2017

A Little Homesick

I thought it wouldn't really hit me, but with the start of school again I've become homesick. It's nothing drastic, and definitely not to the point of crying, but it's still an aching feeling in my chest.

To describe it, I want to eat American food a lot right now. Don't get me wrong, Japanese food is delicious and I love it, but I could really use some chili or a Chipotle Burrito. I also think about my American friends a lot, as well as my school. What doesn't help is that this week is Spirit Week for my school back home. I see tons of fun pictures and end up missing my school more.

Another feeling I get when I'm homesick is a little bit hard to describe. When I remember places, it gives off a sort of feeling in my chest, like an aura. Rather than remember certain words or sights, I'll remember the feelings I had during that time. Now that I'm homesick, I keep recalling the auras of my past home, a Coloradan sunset, my high school, and sweet memories with my friends. And of course my wonderful mother, who I miss most of all!

Overall, this is a difficult stage of my exchange. I'm ready to have fun and get over these complicated feelings! I would say that when I'm laughing and messing around with my friends, that's when the homesickness goes away. It's moments when I'm alone or have time to think that it hits hardest, just like any sad thing ahah.

Hopefully by my next post these feelings will have gone away a bit!

2 comments:

  1. Sorry you are feeling homesick my sweet!! I love you so very much and hope these feelings go away quickly. If I could give you a big hug of encouragement, I would. But my positive feelings and cyber hugs are coming your way!!!

    p.s. One taco seasoning packet coming your way!

    ReplyDelete
  2. As your number one fan, I know that you have this!!! I couldn't be more proud of the beautiful young lady you are becoming. ❤️❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete

Leave any questions, comments, etc. and I'll respond asap!