Thursday, November 30, 2017

Taking the JLPT This Weekend!

I`m now in a mad rush to study Japanese for my Japanese Language Proficiency Test this Sunday. Of course, I`ve been studying Japanese the whole time I was here, but started studying specifically for this test for around two months ago.

There are 5 levels, N5 being the lowest and N1 the highest. I`ll be grappling with N2, without having previously taken the JLPT before. May be in over my head, but I will try my hardest!

I prepared for the test by first studying Kanji, then vocabulary, and then doing 3 mock exams to get a grasp of what grammar I need to know. Judging from the mock exams, I actually have a chance of passing! My weakest point is definitely vocabulary, strongest is kanji, and as for listening and reading comprehension it`s a mix. Still gotta work hard and study as much as I can these next two days.

Something unexpected was that I found someone who is also taking the test near me! He`s Taiwanese and goes to my school, but since he`s been living in Japan a while he`s taking N1. So we`re planning on riding the same bus to the test site and then going out to eat dinner afterwards! I`m excited to get a chance to talk to someone from another country and learn about his hometown. He also seems like a pretty funny person.

Overall, I`m a little nervous but determined to give it my all. Even if I fail, I`ll just study more and take it again once I`m in America.

Coincidentally, next week is finals week for everyone at my Japanese school, so everyone else is just as stressed about studying as me ahah. But since I don`t take the finals next week, I`ll have time to wind down, explore Miyazaki, read some books, and study Japanese at an easier pace.

Hope everyone has a good weekend!
Camilla

1 comment:

  1. Good luck my sweet!!! Sending positive "Japanese" vibes your way!! I love you so very much!! ROCK IT!! 💕❤️💕❤️

    ReplyDelete

Leave any questions, comments, etc. and I'll respond asap!