Tuesday, November 14, 2017

National Pocky Day!

This past Saturday, 11/11,  was national pocky day! Of course Japan has to have a national pocky day ahah.

I started out my Saturday by helping out at my school's open campus. This meant performing a ~2 minute speech in front of middle schoolers. Since I was told on Friday that I'd be doing the speech, I had to write it on the train in the morning. Despite this, I didn't mess up, yay!

Then, since it was pocky day, everyone that helped out at the presentation got free pocky!


After that, someone who was coincidentally my friend bought $400 worth of pocky (wowza!) and was handing them out at the station. Since we're friends, he gave me extra :)
Pocky I got from my friend

Even though it may have just been pocky day, the city seemed more busy and bustling than normal. It feels great to eat some pocky with friends, so I'm happy this cute little holiday was created :)

I guess pocky day is my replacement for Thanksgiving!

3 comments:

  1. We will miss you on Thanksgiving!! :( This year Trey will be there representing the Pernell children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I can't see the pictures for some reason. I tried on my phone and it didn't work either. :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. p.s. Are you going to do a Youtube video soon?

    ReplyDelete

Leave any questions, comments, etc. and I'll respond asap!