Saturday, December 10, 2016

Update! 100 Days Before Departure

Ale (from Italy) and me
Norwegian cake from AFS potluck
Here's a lil short update! First of all, I was officially accepted into AFS Japan, and I know my departure date! American AFS-ers leave for Japan March 21st, and the orientation starts March 19th. My mother is thrilled, but also a little reluctant to let me go. My friends are also excited for me because they know how long I have wanted this!
And yesterday marks the checkpoint of 100 days before my departure! I am feeling so much joy and anticipation it's crazyyy.
Today, I attended a delightful AFS potluck party. I got to meet almost all of the exchange students living in Colorado and it was such a blast. Exchange students are the nicest and most welcoming people you will ever meet, I swear! I loved talking to all the teens about America vs their country, memes, you name it. I thought I might have been awkward, but that was not the case at all :)
Anyways, finals are coming up, and after that I am doing my first home schooled experience ever :O I'm only being home schooled due to credit reasons, because my normal school couldn't give me credits for the semester since I'm leaving in March for Japan. It's long and complicated, but it'll be a new (fun?) experience for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave any questions, comments, etc. and I'll respond asap!